Why social enterprise?
- Combines revenue growth and profit-making with the need to respect and support its social purpose and stakeholder network.
- Focuses not only on internal success but on the external ecosystem as well
- Highly responsive to its stakeholders and their expectations
- Encourages collaboration both across the organization and outside of it
- Sustainable structure: Doing good while doing well!
Changing the World Using the Power of Business – Solving One Social Problem at a time Giving Hope and Future to the Underprivileged
The gap between rich and poor has increased in almost every region of the world over the last four decades, according to the World Inequality Report published in December 2017 by French economist Thomas Piketty. Since 1980, the top 0.1 percent of wealth owners captured almost 50% of the world’s growth. In January 2017, the World Economic Forum found rising income inequality and the polarization of sectors in societies. They are key underlying trends likely to shape the world over the next decade.
We support a global movement who believe that a company can be a force of positive social change. Companies create jobs, supporting a person, a family, a community and a country. A public benefit corporation, a legal structure available in the US and Italy are for companies that balance purpose and profit. People want to work for, buy from, and invest in businesses they believe in. B-lab leads a global movement of entrepreneurs using the power of business to solve social and environmental problems.
B-corporations blend the impact focus of nonprofit organizations and operational efficiency of the corporation. Its employees are owners of the company who actively participate in growing the company thus creating a bigger social impact. They practice the highest standard of governance, transparency, efficiency, and collaboration.