Aster Impact solves social problems sustainably with social enterprises to make a better world. We believe in healthy competition and entrepreneurship. However, we acknowledge that there are times when the free market does not work due to an imbalance of supply and demand. We are a US nonprofit organization with 501(c)3 tax exempt status. We operate globally.
Aster PPE Market is a wholesale PPE market for qualified buyers and selected suppliers. We provide a secure, transparent, reliable, and efficient platform to procure equipment to create a safe environment and protect your employees, customers, or patients from COVID-19.
This organization is a small, remote, startup. In the business world, having a positive startup mentality is about being innovative and capable of adapting to the ever-changing market. It means being extremely purpose-driven, always thinking outside the box, and working at a fast pace. This is not the right fit for someone who is task-oriented, searching for stability and consistency. This is the right fit for someone who is an entrepreneur, takes initiative, and possesses an ownership mentality.
Business Development Manager/Sales Representative: Aster PPE Market is seeking a Business Development Manager (Sales Representative) that is responsible for cultivating existing leads, generating new leads, and meeting sales goals. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics, and also superb interpersonal skills. We are looking for someone who possesses strong sales and business development experience. Having existing relationships with hospital and medical supply companies is a plus.
- Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop outreach strategies with specific objectives across different channels and segments
- Lead the execution of outreach programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- Analyze customer insights and promotional best practices to build successful strategies
- Lead initiatives to generate and engage with existing business partners while simultaneously building new business for the company.
- Identify partnership opportunities. Develop new relationships in an effort to grow business and help the company expand.
- Have strong communication skills and be able to think critically when making plans and have a demonstrated ability to execute a particular strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 to 4 years of prior industry-related, business development experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven knowledge and execution of successful development strategies.
- Focused and goal-oriented.
- High-speed internet connection and computer is a must to allow remote working and video conferencing with the team.
- Quiet private workspace at home to manage video conferences and calls without background noise and interruption.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Self-sufficient with minimal supervision. Someone who thinks rather than follows.
- Adept at multitasking and communicating to different parties.
- Very strong attention to details.
- A team player who works and coordinates well with the team.
- Has initiative and assertiveness, suggesting better ways to manage and finding ways to improve.
- Experience with start-ups, B-corps, non-profits, or organizations going through transformation or rapid growth.
- Advanced level computer skills for standard office applications. Experience with Zoom, MailChimp, Canva or Adobe InDesign, and Hubspot is a plus.
This is a fully remote position so candidates should be prepared to be flexible with their hours to accommodate Aster Impact’s needs. Compensation is a small monthly retainment stipend dependent upon global location plus a performance bonus which is paid sporadically, based on the completion of successful transactions.